Monday, July 23, 2007

What I said

The good and bad sit side-by-side, but it is the positive that makes the difference



Wow, I can't believe I wrote that in an email to someone six months ago . It was sent back to me today with a note of thanks. Sometimes when we write/paint/do things we see only what it is now, not what it will become with the passage of time.

Like these cards, made for birthdays over the weekend. I do them, I'm critical of them, wish I'd done something else. But, with time and space, I see them for what they are - art created to celebrate. And surely that's enough.

I had a bit Harry Potter weekend, seeing the new movie and finishing the new book. I'm a bit shell-shocked, happy that I know what happens and a bit sad that it's all over. I truly love the power of words, their ability to transport; to convey emotion.


No comments: