Friday, August 31, 2007

The return of feral Friday

Maybe it was the lunar eclipse, maybe it's the god-awful wind that's whipping around us at the moment, whatever the reason, today saw the return of feral Friday. If you get eight two and a half year olds together you're bound to get some feral-ness, but today was impressive; with hitting, pushing and biting all appearing. My two weren't so bad, Nathan was a clingon, meaning he was attached to my leg almost permanently and Bailey was in what I call 'watching and waiting mode', just happy to watch what the other kids were doing.

This is my work-in-progress pink frangipani. It's my first foray into acrylic on canvas and I'm not unhappy with what's happened so far. It needs a bit more definition and fine tuning, but with this one, being done for my goddaughter's twelfth birthday, I'm in no hurray, just happy to see how it evolves. Thanks to Kal again for inspiring me to move my art in different and untried directions. She's good like that!

Apart from that trying to do a Father's day card and a 1st birthday card and lacking inspiration for both, the more you push the less it works, so I've stepped back for awhile and will let my brain unfold a design for each.

Off to a lingerie party tonight and there will be champagne - it's all good!

1 comment:

kal said...

Love it. I triple love that you're giving it a whirl and the best part about acrylics is that you can revisit and revisit and revisit.

Way to go - that's great!!