Sunday, August 26, 2007

Where's the week gone?



I can't believe it's been a week since I last blogged. It's been a very full on week, lots of things to do, lots of visitors, not a lot of time for me to do anything on the PC front. This pic was taken last Sunday on a walk around the block. Bailey and Nathan love to sit on every fence we come to. This one is on a busy road so there were lots of cars zooming past.

Have finally bought a digital SLR, the new Pentax 100D Super - very cool, especially since all of my existing Pentax lenses work. Still working on how to get the best photos and playing with some of the automatic scene settings. It has one for taking close ups of text, how cool is that for a calligrapher that loves to take photos of text - it was meant to be!!!

Had a very profitable night last night at a Trivia Night for the kindergarten in our playgroup centre. Shrek 2 DVD, pass to Hedgend Maze, $45 haircut! Didn't win but had lots of fun.

Today has been a lazy kind of day, Daddy is on twin duty, which means Mummy gets a bit of time to herself. Planning some painting of some sort this afternoon. Need to finish my calligraphied fan for calligraphy class on Tuesday (this week we start Copperplate - (very scared!).

Learned how to make a brush in PhotoShop this week, and was able to make a brush from my calligraphy, which means I can then 'paint' directly onto one of my pictures when I'm making a card. I'm sure there are hundreds of other uses as well. I'm still working on cropping to size, not exactly sure that I'm doing it right. But I love learning new stuff, it makes my world go round.

If anyone is out there, please let me know you're reading me.



No comments: