Monday, January 12, 2009

2009 is moving too fast!

I can't believe that it's already close to the middle of January - where does the time go and why does it only drag when I am doing something I don't want to do? This is my first blog for 09 and it's a recap of Christmas morning mayhem and laughter with the boys opening their presents.


The next recap are two canvasses I did for my goddaughter Taylah and her sister Casey. My girlfrient Michelle said they needed new name plaques for their doors and this is the result. I decided to construct the canvasses like I would a card and using the favourite colours of each girs this is what I came up with. Judging by the screams I heard when they opened their pressies I think they liked them!



I'm still not sure about the whole canvas thing. So far this year I have focussed on scrapbooking and have had lots of fun downloading stuff from Creating Keepsakes and Jessica Sprague to use with digital scrapbooking. One of the [many] projects I'm working on at the moment is a mini-album of Bailey and Nathan's first 10 weeks, which was spent in the special care nurseries of the Mercy hospital (6 weeks) and Mitcham hospital (4 weeks).

This was a very full on time for Andrew and I - new parents, teeny weeny babies, watching them in the humidicribs all hooked up to a myriad of machines. I want the album to be fairly simple focussing on pictures rather than words. While the mini-album will be paper I plan to do all the pages digitally and print them out and store them in 6 x 6 pockets. I've almost finished the template I'll be using, I just wanted to let it sit for a few days to see if it needed tweaking. I'll be using the American Crafts album and designing the cover myself, so when that's done I post it as well.

Until then I'm enjoy a few minutes of peace and quiet while Andrew takes Bailey and Nathan to the ice-cream shop - gotta love slow summer evenings!!









No comments: