Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Some things I love

All supplies Stampin' Up except eyelets, which are Making Memories

I love this stamp and this technique. This stamp is from the stamp set Heartfelt Thanks. The techniques is pastel chalks blended using the blender pen. (Thanks Yvonne for showing me this technique!!). It is subtle and delicate, like the flower.

Image from Susan Skarsgard

I also love abstract calligraphy; the ability to manipulate script and to push the boundaries of what is image and what is text (the crux of my Masters thesis!). I am lucky enough to be attending a workshop (ConText: letters/language/meaning - an exploration of calligraphy in the 21st century, as a modern and relevant form) with Susan Skarsgard in early July and I am very excited about what I might learn. Other abstract calligraphers that I love are Brody Neuenschwander and Yves Leterme, both of whom live in Bruges, Belgium.

Why not share what you love with me, I'd love to know.

A good day is one where I get to do calligraphy for two hours, so you know today is going to be a good one. Hope it is good for you too!

No comments: