Hello again. Last time I spoke about spilling all my embossing powder (doh!). One of the techniques I've been trying is a layered emboss technique that Jennifer McGuire shows on her website. She does it with distress ink and I wanted to see if it worked with SU ink, which it does.
I started by applying ink direct to paper with the Stampin' spots. I just picked whatever came into my hand with a mix of dark and light. Then I clear embossed my flowers, I overstamped and embossed some of the black leaves in this card.
I then sponged Bravo Burgundy over the whole of my image (I did this quite hard to get a good colour). Once that was dry I wiped the image with a tissue to wipe of any excess in. I quite like the result and the different colours it achieved. Especially in the 'a note for you card' above, the effect is quite striking.
I think it will be a technique I'll play around with again when the mood strikes.