Sunday, August 7, 2011

Time


This is another composition piece that I did for the Claudine Hellmuth collage workshop at Big Picture Classes. Am I allow to actually say that I love this piece, so much in fact that I'm actually thinking of framing it!

This is the first piece that I've done that included objects rather than just layers of paper. When I set out to do the piece I really wanted to make a piece about time and really it started with the clock stamp that I'd been itching to use. Then it was a matter of having fun deciding what I could use from my stash to create the piece. In fact that's one of the things I love about collage, you can actually use stuff from your stash rather than hoarding it.

I honestly think that the key to creating is just having an idea and allow it to grow and see what happens at the end of it.

Well that's all for now, I'm using the time between MasterChef finales to catch up on some blogging and computer work and I'm hoping that Kate wins.

Karen

1 comment:

Kathleen Conard said...

I am taking Kelly Rae's class and clicked on the link for your blog. When I saw this picture on it, I thought it looked familiar and then I read that you did it in Claudine Hellmuth's class. That is why it looked familiar! I took that class, too, and recognized it from the gallery! I don't blame you for wanting to frame it - it is great! Isn't Kelly Rae's class amazing?