Sunday, January 24, 2010

My first challenge . . . what do you think?

This is my first go at doing any kid of challenge. It was fun, I got inspiration while making the salad for last night's tea. Having said that what I sketched out and what I produced were a little different, but that's okay creativity is an exploratory process. I must say I had some difficulty finding some very vanilla, but managed to find a scrap. I'm trying my hardest to use what I have - this also means that I'm almost out of adhesive (gasp!!). Needless to say I'm ordering some tomorrow.



While I'm not really a Valentine's Day celebrator, I'm really into hearts at the moment and I love the little hearts from the short and sweet set. I use them a lot and one of my fav things to do is to fill them with Kristal Effects and then put the Dazzling Diamonds over that. It takes a little while to dry but the effect is great, at least in my opinion.



I'd love to know what you think so please leave me some comment love . . . Karen

7 comments:

Gayatri said...

Love the crystal effects with dazzling diamonds on the little hearts. Very cute.

Unknown said...

A very cute card and welcome to the challenges LOL, I am sure you will become hooked,

Chantelle said...

Such a sweet card - I love the added touch of the dazzling diamonds. Great job.

Genelle Little said...

Congrats on your first challenge, Karen - Short & Sweet is one of my favourite sets too. I love your calligraphy work on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen, Your card is super sweet. It looks like hearts blowing in the breeze. Thanks for playing!
Kirsty

Anonymous said...

Cute card. I like the floating/flying hearts.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Such a sweet card. Love this "sparkles"
Thanks so much for joining in on an Inkspiration Challenge.

xx Sarah