Monday, November 10, 2008

Tarra Bulga National Park

Over Cup Weekend we visited Andrew's sister Fiona and her family, who live in Yarram. This is always lots of fun as Bailey and Nathan love to run around with their cousins and Jess the dog!! The dirt mound is also another favourite hideout.

While we were there this time we visited the Tarra Bulga National Park, which is temperate rain forest about 15 minutes from where Fiona and Trevor live. These are some of the random shots I took on our walk to the waterfall - which because of the drought is much more like a trickle!


Andrew is doing Movember this month, which means he is growing a moustache. Movember helps to raise money for Prostate cancer research and if you would like to donate. Andrew had started when I took these picks but it's a bit difficult to find any real undergrowth under his nose! I promise to post a recent look at this Mo but he's away for a couple of days so you'll have to wait!

We've had some momentous changes since I last blogged (yes, I know I've been a bit slack!). Bailey is now toilet trained, he still needs help going to the toilet, but generally remembers to tell me when he needs to go, we've only had a few accidents. Nathan is not really showing any signs of being ready, but often he has been a little behind Bailey in some of his milestones so we'll get there eventually. He certainly wants to sit on the toilet, but as yet nothing is happening!! It's funny that once you become a parent all decorum about bodily functions seems to be removed as we happily talk with other parents about wees and poos!



We had a great weekend this weekend. I spent some time on Saturday afternoon with a friend Lisa scrapbooking, which was a real treat. Andrew wasn't playing tennis so I really too advantage of that! Yesterday we finally sold some of Bailey and Nathan's baby stuff (car seats, rockers), which really frees up some room in our tiny but messy front room. Sunday afternoon we had tea at Lisa's place and Bailey and Nathan played so very well with her sons Cooper and Baxter it was nice to be able to relax and watch and not worry about who was going to get hurt!

Today Bailey and Nathan are in occasional care until 3pm. I'm trying to take advantage of this time to finally clear the mess in this room I'm sitting in. I've been trying all year!!! But I can see the floor for the first time in ages so that's a bonus. Tomorrow I'm finishing off my Christmas card design in calligraphy and having some x-rays done on my knees, which at this point appear to be cactus!



No comments: